New details surface in Ryan Dunn fatal car crash

One of Ryan Dunn and Zachary Hartwell’s  friend has revealed new details about their “drinking session” at a West Chester bar before the high-speed car crash that killed both men.

According to Thaddeus Kalinoski, he spent five hours drinking with Dunn at Barnaby’s, downing shots of whiskey, although Kalinoski says that Ryan ‘didn’t appear drunk’ as he left the bar.

“He was drinking quick. He ordered for the entire bar and the crowd was just pouring in. It was a massive party, with people everywhere drinking,” said Kalinoski.

Pictures from that night show a flushed-faced Dunn in high spirits with fellow revelers, and Thaddeus has also recently just released a picture of himself and his famous friend, who leans in to kiss his cheek for the camera.

While he insists Ryan ‘didn’t appear drunk,’ Kalinoski admits he was ‘severely intoxicated’.

Chester County Coroner’s Office confirmed from an autopsy that the cause of death for Dunn and his passenger Zachary Hartwell, 31, was ‘blunt and thermal trauma due to a motor vehicle accident and that the nature of the deaths were both accidental.’

The report states that the accident in Dunn’s Porsche  was so violent that it was impossible to determine whether they died from the initial impact of the crash or the fireball.

Their injuries were such that Dunn was identified by his tattoos and hair, while there was a considerable delay in confirming that the passenger was Hartwell, who was also drinking at the bar on Sunday night.

According to officials, a toxicology report is currently being processed and will reveal the role of alcohol in the crash, but will take four to six weeks to process.

Police say Dunn was travelling at around 130mph in a 55mph zone when his Porsche 911 flew off the road at around 2.30am on Monday morning in Pennsylvania.

West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll, who was involved in the accident reconstruction, described it as the worst crash he had ever seen.

Mr Carroll told Radar online that the Porsche – which can hit speeds of up to 190mph – was going at a very high speed when it collided with a  guardrail, before landing in the woods and catching fire.

“The automobile actually came apart. It was unbelievable and I’ve been on a lot of fatal accident scenes. This is by far the worse I’ve ever seen,” said Chief Carroll.