Goose Island Beer Now Anheuser-Busch

Goose Island Beer has been a Chicago brewing powerhouse of over 20 years.  Just this week, the company announced its recent percent stake sales along with the new company holder to be Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Goose Island sold a 58 percent stake in the company to A-B InBev for $22.5 million, naming them as the primary owner.  The remaining 42% went to The Craft Brewers Alliance, in which A-B InBev already has a 32 percent stake of.

Goose Island Beer sold its company for a total of $38.8 million.  In addition to the recent changes, it was also announced that Brewmaster Greg Hall will be stepping down.